In our travel information, we warn travelers when visiting the Chthonic Country both because of the preternatural spacetime conditions and because we are limited in our ability to provide consular services in this place.
We want you to know the dangers of traveling to the Chthonic Country and to strongly consider them as you perform your official governmental assignment. Traveling to the area puts your life in jeopardy, and there are situations worse than death that can result from the wrong decision in the area. Traveling to the area puts you at increased risk for madness, organ harvesting, soul theft, and/or eternal indentureship.
What the State Department Can and Cannot Do in the Chthonic Country
- You are subject to the ancient laws and the jurisprudence of the country you are visiting.
- Outside the Liminal Zone in the Chthonic Country, we cannot help you. This is because of the ancient laws that demarcate the realm of humans and the Chthonic Country.
- The diplomatic or consular relations of United States government only has power in the Liminal Zone. The U.S. government has no means to provide consular services to U.S. citizens outside of the zone. In the larger Chthonic Country, the United States has no official Protecting Power arrangement, unless traveling with an official Chthonic sigil and/or escort, no assurance of your safety can be provided.
- In a crisis in the Chthonic Country, we strongly recommend that you relinquish any hope of rescue or extraction. No rescue attempt can or will be made by the U.S. government, for it would offend the ancient balance.
Please take a moment to review travel recommendations from:
- The State Department’s Bureau of Chthonic Affairs
- The Human Chthonic Security Advisory Council, a public/private partnership of major U.S. corporations with the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation Chthonic Division
Before You Go to the Chthonic Country
For those who after careful consideration agree to go to the Chthonic Country, we strongly encourage you to:
- Enroll your trip in the State Department’s Chthonic Traveler Enrollment Program (CTEP). Select an appropriate narrative of your demise that will be used if you are unable to return as planned to the United States.
- Draft a will and designate appropriate insurance beneficiaries and/or power of attorney.
- File a plan with the State Department regarding care/custody of children, pets, property, belongings, non-liquid assets (collections, artwork, etc.), funeral wishes, etc.
- File important documents, login information, and points of contact in a secure government lockbox. This will be shared with your loved ones so that they can manage your affairs if you are unable to return.
- Leave any religious/spiritual belongings behind.
When You Go to the Chthonic Country
We must strongly remind you to:
- ALWAYS take your prescribed medications to prevent degenerative mental and spiritual effects during your stay in the Chthonic Country.
- ALWAYS be suspicious of the intent of any Chthonic residents when outside of the Liminal Zone. They will seek to tempt and trick you in order to jeopardize your tether to the human realm.
- ALWAYS keep your final sleep pill on your person when traveling outside of the Liminal Zone into the Chthonic Country.
- NEVER disclose the confidential nature of the Chthonic Country nor your governmental work there to anyone in the human realm. This invalidates your contract, offends the ancient balance, and opens you and any unsanctioned person with knowledge of the realms to reprisal by Chthonic contractors.
- NEVER aid or abet a human who has become trapped in the Chthonic Country. There is nothing that can be done for them. You will offend the ancient balance and jeopardize your tether if you try.
- NEVER eat or drink from a table in the Chthonic Country outside of the Liminal Zone. This will nullify your U.S. citizenship, your tether, and transmute you into chattel of the Chthonic Country, and much worse.
May some higher power protect you during your time in the Chthonic Country.